--[ x14km2d

| Window Frame

--[ 0 - Intro --[ 1 - Problem --[ 2 - Finish --[ B - Changelog

21/11/2021

--[ 0 - Intro

Right now I'm working on my first very big project. The idea came from a very spontaneous drawing I had drawn next to a stream. Nothing special, but from this very simple sketch developed my current major project. The House of the Mad Wizard.

--[ 1 - Problem

I won't go deeper into the details of the project here, but just specifically describe the problem. I had bought a fairy wood window in a fantasy package at the Dollar Store at some point and built a master window frame from it. Unfortunately it was made of chipboard and really not good anymore, because I had already used it a few times. But I had put the original wooden one somewhere where I couldn't find it. So I took the old template. As you could see in the photo, I used expensive foamcore, which didn't turn out so well. Even with a new blade in my modeling knife, it became too cumbersome for me to cut out every little window from the window frame. i also wanted to have it neater, because there were going to be more details to the window later.

--[ 2 - Finish

So I built the window as a model and print that 26 times. This not only saves me time but also makes it more uniform and not quite so crooked. Since I'll be customizing the windows later, I really only built the frame and uploaded it to the archive. Since a window frame is pretty boring I built a keystone, shutter and sill stl files in Freecad and uploaded them to the archive afterwards.

--[ B - Changelog